There was a blind girl who hated herself because she was blind.
She hated everyone, except her loving boyfriend. He was always there for her. She told her boyfriend, ‘If I could only see the world, I will marry you.’
One day, someone donated a pair of eyes to her. When the bandages came off, she was able to see everything, including her boyfriend.
He asked her,’Now that you can see the world,will you marry me?’
The girl looked at her boyfriend and saw that he was blind. The sight of his closed eyelids shocked her. She hadn’t expected that. The thought of looking at them the rest of her life led her to refuse to marry him.
Her boyfriend left her in tears and days later wrote a note to her saying: ‘Take good care of your eyes, my dear,for before they were yours, they were mine’
This is how the human brain often works when our status changes. Only a very few remember what life was like before, and who was always by their side in the most painful situations.
Life Is a Gift
- Today before you say an unkind word -Think of someone who can’t speak.
- Before you complain about the taste of your food – Think of someone who has nothing to eat.
- Before you complain about your husband or wife – Think of someone who’s crying out to the LORD for a companion.
- Today before you complain about life – Think of someone who went too early to the grave.
- Before you complain about your children -Think of someone who desires children but they’re barren.
- Before you argue about your dirty house someone didn’t clean or sweep – Think of the people who are living in the streets.
- Before whining about the distance you drive Think of someone who walks the same distance with their feet.
- And when you are tired and complain about your job -Think of the unemployed, the disabled, and those who wish they had your job.
- But before you think of pointing the finger or condemning another -Remember that not one of us is without sin and we all answer to one MAKER.
- And when depressing thoughts seem to get you down -Put a smile on your face and thank the LORD you’re alive and still around.
And before you think of signing out, Please think of posting or sharing this using the links above.