- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 11 ounces bone-in chicken pieces
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 3/8 onion, diced
- 5/8 clove garlic, crushed
- 2/3 cup uncooked white rice
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1-1/3 cups water
- In a medium bowl, stir together the vinegar and 1 tablespoon of salt. Add chicken and soak for 20 minutes. Rinse chicken, and season with salt and pepper. Discard vinegar, and set chicken aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep saucepan or Dutch oven. Add the onion and garlic; cook and stir until browned. Add the chicken pieces, and fry until browned all over, stirring constantly. Pour in the rice, and season with thyme and curry powder. Stir in the water.
- Cover, and cook over medium heat for about 20 minutes, or until rice is tender and has absorbed all of the liquid.
*Note: recipe is for 6 Serving
1 thought on “Chicken Pelau”
Where’s the peas for the pelau?