- 1 medium pumpkin
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 onion, chives, celery, parsley, seasoning pepper
- 1 cup coconut milk, water
- Root crops (tanin, yams, dasheen and green bananas)
- 1 tbsp. sunflower margarine spread
- Leftover chicken, ham or bacon
Wash, peel and cut up root crops and put to boil with leftover meat or ham flavors. Peel all pumpkin and cut up and set aside half of portion. Sauté the other half with onions, seasoning peppers and celery with margarine.
Cook pumpkin, blend and set aside. Add balance of pumpkin to pot with ground provisions and continue to cook. Add coconut milk. Then add blended portion of pumpkin to soup and allow to simmer. Cooked beans or milk may be added at this point to enhance the nutritional value
1 thought on “Pumpkin soup recipe”
Hi. I really want to try this recipe but the instructions are not clear. Can you explain in more detail? It doesn’t say how long to cook or anything.