The Message of the Cross “Salvation”
This is a message of hope, one that can change your eternal destiny. It is said, “ Time waits for no man “, so now that you are here whether by accident or through your own will, let me just encourage you to continue to read this article.
Too many times we human beings tend to take life for granted and go on living life carelessly and foolishly. Many of us if not all, do have some sort of reverence for the Almighty God. On the other hand we tend to think, we can do what we want, say what we want, and go wherever we want to and think that we own time. My friend now is a time when you are away from other voices around you and distraction to really consider your way of life and see whether what we are doing, saying and the places we go are pleasing unto God. The Bible tells us in (Revelation 4:ll) we are all created for God Pleasure and he is worthy to receive glory and honor and power from us all. Is God getting that from you? Don’t think I am any better than you or I am trying to condemn you, as a Christian who has to be a witness for Christ, I believe this article here is one that will change your life.
God, the one true God, is the creator of the entire universe he created man to be a companion and friend to God. But long ago satan, the evil one, who despised God and all his creation came to man and told him that if he would forsake God he could become like a god himself- in knowledge and wisdom. So man separated himself from God’s presence by his own choice. But once separated, man found that life was void and empty with out the close friendship with the divine, and rather than being like God, he found himself a fallen creature. He could no longer walk and talk with God, and until that day the story of humanity is one of sorrow and disappointment since man went out from the presence of Almighty God.
Most terrible of all, when man’s body dies, his soul (also separated from God), cannot go to live in the kingdom of God where peace and happiness beyond all imagination reign, but rather to the kingdom of satan (called hell) where chaos, hatred, and evil dominate. But God loved man very much and conceived a plan whereby man might be redeemed from the great penalty of eternal separation from God. He sent his only Son, Jesus Christ, in the form of man to experience death and separation from God, so that he might take upon himself our punishment. By accepting Christ Jesus’ sacrifices of dying in our stead, and letting his spirit rule our life, you are accepting Gods Plan of redemption for man. Thus, we are restored to the favor and mercy of God. I am about to share with you a few steps and i urge you to ponder on them as I share with you.
1. First of all you must ACKNOWLEDGE: in the light of Gods word that you are a sinner. In (Romans3: 23) it states that “All have sinned, and come short of the glory of God, (Both you and I) Its because of this problem you need Christ. Are we as righteous and faithful as Christ? We all have come short of his glory. Let me just ask you a question, “How many sin does it take to make a sinner?” (Romans 6:23) says, “For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. The Bible says that we will receive a wage- something we have rightfully earned. What is the wage? Death of course and it is spiritual separation from God. The second part of the Scripture read, “but the … free gift of God is eternal life through …Jesus Christ our Lord.” Here God is speaking about a gift, something that we cannot earn. Let me ask you, “Can you earn a gift? All you can do is either accept it or reject it. What is the gift? Eternal life! This life is through (or in) a person, Jesus Christ. And for you to have Gods gift you must have Jesus, his son.
2. So REPENT: The Bible says in (Luke 13:3) except you repent, you shall all like wise perish. Also in (Acts 3:19 it says to “Repent and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out.” What does it really means to repent? Change of your mind and purpose; and turning to Gods plan.
3. CONFESS: “If you confess your sins, God is faithful and just to forgive your sins and to cleanse you from all unrighteousness.”(1John 1:9) also (Romans10:9-10) says if you shall confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and shall believe in your heart that God hath raised Jesus from the dead you shall be saved. And verse 10 says for with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
4. FORSAKE: The Bible states in (Isaiah55:7) “Let the wicked man forsake his way, the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the Lord… for he will abundantly pardon.” If there is any way in you that is not pleasing unto God I urge you to forsake them now.
5. BELIEVE: “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
6. RECEIVE: “But as many as receive him to them he gave he power to become sons and daughters of God, even to them that believe on his name.”(John1: 11-12) Christ must be received personally into your heart by faith; Here God says that we have to receive Christ in order to become his children. Other than that it is not doing anything that makes you a Christian but receiving Jesus Christ that makes us the Children of God.
(Revelation3: 20) states, “Behold I stand at the door and knock: if any one hear my voice, and opens the door, I will come in to him and will eat with him, and he with me.
I have said that God offers to us the free gift of eternal life and that this gift is in the person of Jesus Christ. In order to have God’s gift, we must receive Christ. You might ask but how can I receive him? Listen carefully, because in this passage Jesus is talking directly to you! The door is the door of your heart. He stands there gently knocking. Jesus is knocking at the door of your heart right now.
In (Deuteronomy 30:19) it says God have given to every body a free will and humans must make their own choices. This is how you receive Christ. Jesus will never force himself into anyone’s life. He is humbly standing at the door of your life, waiting for you to let him in. he won’t force himself in, Its up to you. The door must be opened from the inside; you can do that!
For example, if I were a friend of yours and I stood knocking at the door of your house, what would you say? You’d say,” Come in!” Well Jesus is waiting for you for you to open the door and to invite him in.
Will you invite him and accept him today? Don’t say you’ll have time, because (Hebrews3: 15) says today if you hear Gods voice harden not your heart. How long will you go on saying a next time or you have time to be saved? My friend salvation that is based on hope alone will never come to pass because in (Ephesians 2:8-9) says for by grace you are saved through faith; and that not of your self ; it is the gift of god: not of works, less any man should boast. Many times people try to fix their self before they turn to God, But Jesus said come as you are and he will transform you from glory to glory. No one knows when Jesus will come again, so be prepared and the only time you can be prepared is NOW.
“You don’t need me or anyone else with you when you ask Jesus to come into your heart. Alone, anywhere, you can ask him to come into your life, and in that instant you will be saved.” Let me say to you salvation is not based on feelings, so if you are willing to accept Christ now, just repeat this pray