1. Lemon being a citrus fruit, fights against infection. It helps in
production of WBC’s and antibodies in blood which attacks the invading
microorganism and prevents infection.
2. Lemon is an antioxidant which deactivates the free radicals preventing
many dangerous diseases like stroke, cardiovascular diseases and cancers.
3. Lemon lowers blood pressure and increases the levels of HDL (good
4. Lemon is found to be anti-carcinogenic which lower the rates of colon,
prostate, and breast cancer. They prevent faulty metabolism in the cell,
which can predispose a cell to becoming carcinogenic. Also blocks the
formation of nitrosamines in the gut.
5. Lemon juice is said to give a glow to the skin.
6. A few drops of lemon juice in hot water are believed to clear the
digestive system and purify liver as well.
7. The skin of lemon dried under the sun and then ground to make powder
can be applied to the hair for a few minutes before bath which relieves
head ache and cools the body.
8. Applying lemon juice to acne dries the existing ones and prevents from
9. Lemon juice acts as a natural hair lightner and skin bleach which
reduces the pigment melanin and prevents the risk of chemical allergic
reactions which is common with hair dyes and bleaches.
10. Lemon juice is given to relieve gingivitis, stomatitis, and
inflammation of the tongue.
11. Lemon juice is given to prevent common cold.
12. Lemon juice is given to prevent or treat urinary tract infection and
13. Lemon juice is applied to the sites of bites and stings of certain
insects to relieve its poison and pain.
14. Lemon juice relieves colic pain and gastric problems.
15. Lemon juice soothes the dry skin when applied with little glycerin.
16. Lemon juice used for marinating seafood or meat kills bacteria and
other organisms present in them, thereby prevents many gastro-intestinal
17. Lemon juice with a pinch of salt (warm) every morning lowers
cholesterol levels and brings down your weight.
18. Lemon juice is the best drink to prevent dehydration and shock in case
19. Lemon juice can also be used as a mouthwash. It removes plaque, whitens
the teeth and strengthens the enamel.
20. A table spoon on thick lemon syrup everyday relieves asthma.
21. Lemon juice relieves chilblains and itchy skin.
22. Gargling lemon juice relieves throat infection and also used as a
treatment for diphtheria.
23. Lemon juice is an excellent treatment for dandruff and greasy hair.
24. Lemon applies over the face removes wrinkles and keeps you young.
25. Lemon juice helps to prevent and cure osteoarthritis.
Lemon is not usually allergic or toxic to many, so why don’t you try its
Natural benefits first and then go on to medical treatmen
posted by LiJingMing